I am a health nut and I have lost 44 pounds from living a healthier lifestyle. I would not say I am dieting but I just live my life by being more health conscious. I mean, I made a huge change. I just graduated from college last December and I was eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.
The first picture was taken the day before I graduated in December, 2015. The second picture of me is from late June. I lost a few pounds after the picture on the left was taken. This shows a huge difference and is the exact same outfit.
I learned from early on in life that only you are in charge of your own happiness. So, if you really want to change, you will change. You can diet all you want but the way to loose weight is to change the way you think, live, eat.
So many people ask me what I did to lose the weight. There isn’t one concrete answer. I changed my lifestyle, the way I thought, ate, and dealt with my daily life. I used some of the ideas you find in the book, French Women Don’t Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano.
Though I never read the book, I read a few blogs and articles about people who reviewed this book and attempted to implement it into their life. I also know people personally who live by this book, So, I did some of the things that the book prescribed BUT in my own way.
Here is what I did to loose weight.
1. Write Down and Count you Calories… I use my fitness pal. You can get it as an app on your phone or manage it online.
2. Consume the Right Amount of Calories… See the calories you should consume in a day to maintain, lose, or gain weight. You can look online to find out how much you should consume in a day. ( I believe my fitness pal offers this as well.) Also, get a scale or a measuring cup to measure your food, do not guess.
Food for thought though,
3. Make healthier alternatives… to what you already eat. For example, substitute sugar in recipes for sugar free maple syrup. For example, Eat whole wheat pancakes. Drink a smoothie made with Splenda and not sugar.
4. Workout… Working out is good to keep you on track to your weight loss goal but it also keeps you happy emotionally!
5. Eat in moderation… You can also eat the same things you are already eating but less. Again, use a scale if you have to!
6. Eat that Pizza… I still eat a pizza every once in a while or a burger and fries… you can have a cheat day. However, on that cheat day, don’t go crazy with eating.
7. Stay busy… the more you are active, the easier it is for you to lose weight. Also, when you keep yourself and your mind busy, you are not bored, so you don’t eat when you are not even hungry.
8. Be Patient.. You will not lose all the weight you want to loose overnight. Stay dedicated and work hard!